The best scans emails for viruses are designed and tested in strict accordance with safety requirements. These include safety audits and certifications, and compliance with accepted environmental standards.
How to Avoid Unnecessary Letters in Your Email?
As in life, certain safety rules must be followed in the emails. Here, there are scammers who will try to get into the computer in order to use your personal data, more often for resale. Having infiltrated your system, they can send letters on your behalf or launch attacks on other computers. It’s like stealing your passport and acting on your behalf. Malicious programs can be sent in a letter to your email inbox, you can bring a virus from a flash drive, download a malicious program from the Internet by accidentally clicking on the window.
That is why it is very important to scan email for virus. But before doing it, it is recommended to check or delete:
- Reputation messages
The solution uses email reputation analysis technology and factors such as spam patterns and IP address behavior to assess the likelihood of a message being malicious. The resulting rating is based not only on the aggregate information of sensors sending requests to the cloud and on the analysis performed in the laboratory but also on the correlation of information about various threats, including web traffic, email, and networks.
- The reputation of IP addresses
Using the IP address of the sending server, the solution detects threats contained in emails. IP reputation assessment prevents damage and data theft by blocking emails at the gateway.
- Compliance assurance
Filter messages by their size, content, and content of attachments. Blocking or quarantining messages containing controlled content in the message subject, the body of the message, or attachments.
- Stored emails
Email mechanisms ensure that sent (in-process) or stored emails comply with your organization’s privacy policies, policies, and regulations. Built-in dictionaries that include company-specific and country-specific compliance rules enable quick customization of content filters. A built-in business process automatically routes quarantined emails for audit.
What Should Be Done to Scan Emails for Viruses?
To protect against viruses that spread by email, you can install antiviruses on the computers of the sender and the recipient. However, this protection is often insufficient:
- Conventional antiviruses installed on computers of Internet users are designed to scan files and do not always know how to analyze email data traffic. If the antivirus does not automatically scan all opened files, then a virus or Trojan horse can easily seep through the protection onto the computer’s disk.
- In addition, the effectiveness of antiviruses is highly dependent on compliance with the rules for their use: it is necessary to periodically update the antivirus database.
- Unfortunately, many computer owners do not know how to properly use antivirus software or do not update the antivirus database, which inevitably leads to virus infection or penetration of Trojans.
- Always heed all warnings and follow the instructions marked on or supplied with the equipment.
- Unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet before cleaning.
- Always use materials specifically designed for this product. The use of other materials may impair performance and create a hazardous situation.
- Do not use aerosol cleaners: under certain conditions, they can become explosive and flammable.
- Always place the unit on a solid and sturdy surface to support the weight of the unit.
- Always install the machine in a well-ventilated room with sufficient space for maintenance work.
- Be sure to unplug this equipment from the electrical outlet before cleaning.